



















Here are a selection of images from the historic inauguration ceremony of President Barack Obama. We arrived in DC on Sunday night and spent the time at a friends house. Monday was spent site seeing and pretty much being a tourist, which was nice for a change. Then later on I met up with more of my friends. All of us OU kids got up at 4am and headed to the metro station shortly after on Tuesday morning. It was already quite busy. I did not know what to expect. I had never seen so many people in my life, and we were not even out of the metro yet. We got to the mall at around 7am and started roaming around toward the Capitol Building. After finding some spots, we shot a little and waited, and waited, and waited for the moment to come when Barack would be announced. When Bush came out, there was a thunderous "BOOOOO!" roaring from what sounded like the entire city. Although I'm not a fan of the guy, I felt very sorry for him. I can't imagine what it would feel like to have the people you were elected to lead for the last 8 years collectively boo you on your last day in office. It was still entertaining nonetheless, even though I'm not proud to admit that. But nothing could top the energy, excitement, rejoice, praise, enthusiasm and love then the moment Obama made his entrance. Hearing 2.5 million people cheer and seeing American flags waving as far as you can see in front and back of you is quite an experience. It felt oddly very special to be crammed next to complete strangers. On Tuesday, it didn't matter who you were, where you came from or what color your skin is; all that mattered was that everyone was there together experiencing the same thing. It was a great day in history, and there truly was a feeling of Hope in the air.
Dustin
3 comments:
I really enjoyed these -- fuckin' vivid contrast.
fuck yes franzia. these are great. really makes me want to go home...
ryan
Why thank you. maybe we can trade one day....
Post a Comment